In CharakaSamhita Vol. 1, V: 88-89, it is mentioned as “The body of one who uses oil massage regularly does not become affected much even if subjected to injury or strenuous work” , which shows how important massage holds in our health. Now a days, thinking of the word Massage, the picture many have will be of a luxurious spa treatment saved only for certain occasions. However, Ayurveda recommends massage on a daily basis. A daily massage will helps in dissolving the accumulated stress and toxins in the mind.
Abhayanga refers to daily massage in Ayurveda. It comprises of two Sanskrit words, “abhi” and “anga” meaning ‘towards’and ‘movement’ in certain occasions, respectively. Abhayanga Massage helps skin, the largest organ in the body to perform its varied functions efficiently, either by allowing toxins to release from body or absorbing nourishments by the tissues.
Benefits of Abhyanga
- It unleashes the ability of body to promote self-healing
- Diminishes the dry effect of skin
- Improves internal circulation of blood.
- Calming for the nerves
- Lubrication of the joints
- Reduces stress level in mind and hence promotes good sleep.
- Augments stamina level
- Detoxifies the body and renders excellent rejuvenation.
Want to know more about the benefits of Abhyanga procedures or enjoy the healing benefits of abhyanga!?